Minggu, Desember 13, 2009

the same old richard is back!

it's been a while since my last attendance on their gig. it's more than five years ago at Pekan Raya Jakarta. I remember the night. the night, that made me poke someone there that I don't know and ask, "bang, boleh numpang tidur gak? saya dari bogor nih. udah kemaleman kalo mau balik sekarang." that was freak. yeah, that's one story when I was a young gun, not a rusty revolver like now.

so when i got the information that Pas will play at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, I think this is something that I couldn't miss. well, not only because I haven't go to any gig in the last few years, but there is some several other reasons:

  1. it's free! free at all! I just bring my ass there, then enjoy the show. thank you so much for Vespa Antique Club that made this event.
  2. Taman Mini Indonesia Indah is not too far away from my residence. it just like two and half hour trip by bus or train.
  3. this is the main reason why i must attending the gig. the drummer for this gig is not Sandy Andarusman, but Mr. Richard Mutter, the former drummer of Pas Band itself. i heard that sandy is on his honeymoon. is it true? ah, just focus to richard mutter.

so this is a reunion concert. if I count it right, this is the third time in the last 2 years, richard sit behind his drum set, again, for Pas Band. He resigned from Pas Band after the Psycho I.D. album. the first reunion was held in Rolling Stone Indonesia Event and the second one was on Jakarta Rock Festival. from what I read on the paper, Richard was giving some influence in those Pas Performance. he's like trigging the bomb that made the gig become much more powerful.

in the first time, I think it just a subjective opinion from peoples that miss Richard so much to play for Pas Band. so I was there, in Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, to prove it by myself.

they start the show at 4.15 PM. well, i'm not really sure about the time precisely. it was pretty crowded and I start bang my head. I lost the repertoir. I don't even remember what was their first song, maybe it was Kembali. I was too excited to release my emotion by sing along, song after song.

trisnoize, richard, and beng-beng (just 2mega pixel phonecamera)

off course my major focus was to the only man who almost always sit during the gig. the drummer, richard mutter. he was so awful. he do not lost the way how to blend his beat to lead every song that Pas played. i feel that i was listening to their record when richard still as the drummer. the beat, the power, the style, name it! it's totally perfect! he is one of the best hard rock drummer that indonesia ever had. even when Pas was playing their soft song, the beat is still powerful, but not excessive. Richard got his style.

if i have to choose between richard and sandy, frankly i have to choose richard. well, sandy is okay, not bad. he is good enough, but the problem is Pas's songs need a powerful, a very very powerful drum beat. that is what Sandy doesn't has.

so the gig was closed by a powerful song, Jengah from their 2.0 album. overall, the show brings my memory back to my days when i was young. yeah, I'm not young anymore. i didn't put myself to the mosh-pit like what i always do when i was a high school boy. not only because i was bringing my lady, but i think i don't have any excess power to slam my body anymore. then the show is over. i ended the evening with a blasting memory from the past. hopely it will give me another stock of flush.

2 tanggapan:

hk mengatakan...

nice gigs !

Rae mengatakan...

eh, kayaknya gua salah. ini bukan ketiga kalinya richard maen balik lagi sama pas band. kalo gak salah waktu di tempatnya vicky sianipar sama pas di soundrenaline kemaren sempet maen juga.

wah, semakin deket aja nih richard sama pas band. kalo sampe balikan lagi bakal meledaklah dunia musik indonesia.
hohoho